All you need to know about aerobic exercise routine
Do you want to get in shape? Maybe your goal is to lose weight? If the answers to these questions are positive, you are a great candidate for the aerobic exercise routine. In other words, you need cardio. Not only that it’s good for your form and heart rate, but it is also a great way to shape your whole body. There is one more benefit. You can do cardio with other people. So, this moment of socialization can help your motivation. And let’s face it. The motivation is usually something that many people have difficulties with. Well, this way, by doing aerobic exercise in good company, you will find yourself even wanting for more. But, first, try to educate yourself and find out as much as possible about cardio exercises, to see if they fit you. Afterword, start slowly and follow your own rhythm.
What is aerobic exercise routine?
The aerobic exercise routine is any activity that works your cardiovascular system. The goal is to get your heart rate up and make you breathe harder, hence the name “aerobic”. These routines require the consumption of substantially more oxygen than when people are resting. The aerobic exercise involves repeated rhythmic movements of the large muscles of your body. And those are in your legs and arms. When you practice best cardio exercises of all time, you breathe more rapidly and deeply so you could get extra oxygen into your lungs. That also requires your heart to beat faster, so it could deliver more oxygen-carrying blood from your lungs to your muscles. This is the reason people usually lose their breath when they start exercising before they get in shape. The more intense your aerobic exercise routine is, the faster your heart will beat and your breathing will be.
What is considered an aerobic exercise?
Does reading about this make your heart pumping a little faster? If you are interested in knowing some of the best aerobic exercises, get familiar with:
- Brisk walking. No matter how old you are, you can practice brisk walking. There are no excuses. Actually, all doctors recommend this kind of aerobic exercise, especially for the seniors. The risk of injuries is minimum, and the benefits are multiple. For your heart, lungs, blood pressure, joints, and mood.
- Running, jogging or cycling. Depending on your previous activities, you can decide to go for a run or a jog, or maybe to hop on a bike. If you haven’t practiced this kind of exercise before, be careful. Start slowly, because the risk of injuries is a little higher than while brisk walking. Maybe this aerobic exercise routine will be something that your personal trainer uses to warm you up. And perhaps training for the next half marathon or Tour de France could be your motivation.
- Swimming. You probably already know that this is one of the best exercises for the whole body. There is also a minimum risk of hurting, if you know how to swim, of course.
- Playing a sport such as a soccer or a basketball. Actually, any fast sport, with a lot of movement is a pretty intense workout. Of course, you should make sure to adapt your level of activity to your age, to avoid getting hurt.
- Dancing. Well, this is a no brainer. An excellent workout, that doesn’t even feel like a workout. What more can you ask for? Your heart rate will go up only by hearing the beats of music, and not the mention all the muscles that will be working while dancing.
Where can you practice cardio?
The great thing about these exercises is that you can practice them alone or with a help of a professional and affordable personal trainer in Dubai. He or she will make sure that you avoid all possible injuries, no matter how yang or old you are. Also, with the personal trainer, you can attend a group aerobic class in a gym, and they will monitor you while working out. And then again, if you prefer going outside, these exercises will provide you with a great excuse for that. Mainly because they don’t require any additional equipment. Just bring your sneakers, motivation, and determination and you are good to go.
Remember how Rocky used those stairs in Philadelphia to warm up and get in shape? Well, if you live in Dubai, chances are that you are in a building. So maybe less uses of elevators and more uses of stairs will also be good training for you. And, if you don’t have neighbors below your apartment, you can try jumping ropes. It doesn’t require a lot of space and it does wonders for your heart rate. Also, it will cause melting of any weight surpluses you think you have. Nevertheless, if you follow Rocky’s steps and decide to benefit from self-defense classes, you won’t make a mistake. Any kind of that training is full of aerobic exercises.
For how long should you workout?
Do you prefer working out for a few times a week, but with longer duration? Or you find it better to do some exercises for a shorter period of time, but every day? There really is no wrong answer. Whenever you do any aerobic exercise routine it will contribute to your cardiovascular fitness. And, of course, the more you do it, healthier you will be. Even if you exercise a few times a day for a couple of minutes, it will benefit you. It’s always better to do something than nothing. Are you wondering what is the recommended “dose” of aerobic exercise by the Department of Health and Human Services? They suggest that you spread out through week either 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity.
And what if you can’t do aerobic exercises?
Having in mind the recommendations, what to do if you don’t really like cardio workouts? Or you should avoid them due to your health issues? Well, perhaps try to find the best Pilates classes in Dubai or similar. Maybe a yoga class would be right for you, but you have to try it first to know. Even a regular walk is better than sitting on your couch. Because, your body and soul will benefit from any kind of activity, actually. It’s just a matter of preferences and needs. Besides your general health, any aerobic exercise will benefit your posture, waistline, and the most important – your mood. So treat yourself with high doses of endorphins to reduce the stress or depression, and make you a happy person.