Dubai summer fitness: tips for exercising safely in the heat?
Find Your Personal Trainer
Every season of the year has its unique characteristics that influence the way we go about our lives. One of the most noticeable ones is how we have to adapt our physical activity in different conditions. During the Dubai summer fitness season, your body will indeed encounter a lot of challenges that it may not be used to, especially if this is your first summer in Dubai. Whether you will be looking for a chance to engage in some Dubai football or you will want to be a part of fitness training (or both), there are definitely many options for healthy physical activity here. However, you will definitely need to pay special attention to the very warm climate in Dubai. Luckily for you, we have a lot of experience in this area. Here are our top tips for exercising safely in the heat of the Dubai summer.
You will need a lot of water
Always having at least one liter of water with you is the most important tip for exercising during the heat season. The math behind this is quite simple – You will get more easily dehydrated during the Dubai summers, and if you get dehydrated, you can collapse and suffer potentially quite serious health consequences. So, do not risk taking less water than you can. Instead, always bring extra water with you. While this may seem like an obvious tip, there is more than one reason why water is crucial whether you are a part of personal trainer courses Dubai offers, or you are just on one of Dubai summer fitness regimes.
How can water help lose weight?
It is a proven fact that water is actually a great tool for losing weight. Or, if you are already in shape, it is quite helpful in maintaining your weight. Here is how:
- Water is a natural suppressant of appetite. By drinking more water you will not feel as hungry. This is a well-known fact that people tend to often underestimate. Drinking a glass or two of water before a meal will significantly impact your appetite
- Water helps you burn calories. This happens because water can increase the energy expenditure both, when you are active and when you are passive.
- By drinking water, you also reduce the number of calories that you take in through liquids. Sodas, alcohol, coffee, etc. all bring in some calories, but water is the only one that is completely healthy and calorie-free.
- Water also helps with dealing with the waste in your body. When there is enough water, your metabolism processes all the intake more efficiently.
- Lastly, water helps regulate the body temperature. Since you will be practicing in the summer heat, water is not just going to help you stay functional in its basic meaning, but it will also help regulate and distribute temperature throughout your body. This will increase your endurance and the effectiveness of sweating.
Having said all this, it is clear now that the importance of drinking enough water is essential in more than one way. Just make sure that you do not overdrink it. Figure out the amount that you need to stay functional and then just take sips periodically to refresh the whole system.
Timing is important if you want to have a successful Dubai summer fitness season
That working out regularly is really important for your physical and mental health is a clear and known fact. That is why it is important to maintain the exercising rhythm over summer despite the heat. However, as summers in Dubai are notoriously too hot, you will have to be practical with timing. Timing during the heat season is crucial for successful workouts. That is why you need to plan ahead and figure out the best way to avoid the heat. Most importantly, you should definitely avoid training between 10 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon.
That is when the sun is the strongest, and training during that time would be an actual health risk. So, either train in the morning or in the afternoon. Morning is probably a better option for the majority of people for a couple of reasons. Firstly, going for a run in the morning is one of the best ways to start your day. Ask any fitness instructor Dubai offers, and they will confirm that morning exercising is the perfect way to activate your body and wake up your brain for the rest of the working day. And secondly, by doing the exercising in the morning before work, you have the rest of the day free after you are done with your job.
Do not force yourself and know your limits
One of the biggest dangers during the Dubai summer fitness season is not knowing your limits. You need to be extremely careful when working out during summer in the Emirates. This is especially true if you are new here, or you are not in very good shape. If you are new in this part of the world, first go for a couple of walks during different parts of the day to get to know the conditions and how your body responds to them.
You can also go for a shorter jog or ride a bike for a bit. Not too long though. It is important to get to know your level of fitness and the way the weather conditions impact your body before you can start working out regularly. Not being careful with this can lead to potentially really serious health problems. If possible, do not go alone. Have a friend go with you as you figure out all this. Or even better, get a fitness trainer to go with you so that you can start increasing your stamina slowly and safely.