Exercising during pregnancy – Dos and Don’ts
Find Your Personal Trainer
Are you wondering whether it is the right thing to exercise during pregnancy? Or maybe you want to start exercising but don’t know where to start? If you are struggling with these or similar questions, you have come to the right place. Right on our website, you can sign up for one of the best prenatal yoga classes Dubai and also learn a thing or two about exercising during pregnancy. Does this sound like a good deal? Then make sure to keep reading and you will learn more about this matter.
How can you benefit from exercising during pregnancy?
Many pregnant women are asking the same question – should they exercise during pregnancy or not? Even though every pregnancy is different, women should look for ways of staying fit and healthy. And, yes, this includes exercising too. Don’t get us wrong – we are not suggesting running a marathon or doing pushups in your second trimester. Instead, you can find a female personal trainer Dubai and come up with an exercising plan that can prepare you for labor and won’t present danger in any way.
Take a look at some upsides of working out during pregnancy and see for yourself why many doctors suggest pregnant women should have some sort of exercise.
- Reduced back pain and pelvic pain, as well as reduced bloating and swelling;
- Lower risk of pregnancy and birth complications;
- Keeping a healthy weight during pregnancy;
- Improving overall health status;
- Increasing energy, keeping negative emotions away;
- Better sleep quality, etc.
But, can physical activity harm the baby in any way?
Many people think that women who are exercising during their pregnancy risk miscarriage. But, this is not true! If you are healthy and there is nothing wrong with baby, there are really no reasons why you shouldn’t workout from time to time. This is exactly why it is so important to have a professional who can help you have a safe workout. For example, if you were wondering what yoga poses should I avoid when pregnant, you can simply ask your trainer about that matter. Keep in mind that you should avoid heavy exercising but not because it will harm your baby. You will get exhausted faster than before pregnancy. And making that kind of stress on your body should be avoided because you won’t feel good. Stick to light exercises and you won’t have to worry about a single thing.
Exercising during pregnancy – The Dos and The Don’ts
Now that we have answered whether exercising during pregnancy is the right thing to do, we can proceed to other things, such as learning what is the best exercise routine for women. And to do so, we have prepared for you the list of dos and don’ts of working out while you are expecting. Getting informed about this matter will help you a lot since you will finally know how to have a safe workout that can’t harm you and your baby. So, make yourself comfortable and focus on the following lists. You can even write a couple of things if you think that will help you remember the dos and don’ts with ease.
The following list of the dos of exercising while pregnant will help you stay fit and healthy during these months. Therefore, make sure to follow them! Here is how to work out the right way.
- Wear comfortable clothes – Avoid clothes that are too tight. Instead, wear something comfortable and let your skin breathe.
- Focus on your posture and alignment – If you want to avoid back pain and other complications, you will have to follow how your body is changing and strengthen your posture.
- Rely on the breathing technique – Some of the best relaxation techniques and exercises can telly you how breathing properly is important. You need to take deep and controlled breathes to get more oxygen. The higher levels of oxygen, the less stressed your body will be during the workout.
- Stick with low impact exercises – We have already mentioned why high-intensity training needs to be avoided during pregnancy. Instead of pushing yourself too hard, stick with low impact exercises and you will still be able to get great results.
- Drink plenty of water – It is really important to stay hydrated during the entire pregnancy. Dehydration can lead to overheating and that could have some serious consequences on your baby.
- Listen to your body – This is probably one of the most important dos of exercising during pregnancy. Listen to your body, don’t push yourself too hard, and take regular breaks.
So, these were the dos of working out during pregnancy. Now, let’s take a look at the don’ts! If it is necessary, you can write them down just so that you can remind yourself of what kind of exercises you need to avoid. Here is what you shouldn’t do if you are pregnant and want to start exercising.
- Overheating – Pregnant women need to drink lots of water and avoid exercising in a hot or humid environment. Overheating can be dangerous for the baby and that is why you also need to avoid the sauna weight loss technique during pregnancy.
- Overstretching – Stretching should be done in pregnancy since it comes with many benefits. However, because of the hormone Relaxin, your body can stretch further and if you overdo it, you could hurt yourself.
- Ignoring the pain – If you start to feel pain, a twinge, or a dull ache, stop working out and making those movements. It is a good idea to consult with your doctor in Dubai just so you can see what caused the pain.
- Exercising on the back – If you are in a second or third trimester, you shouldn’t exercise on the back since this position can reduce blood flow to your uterus and brain.
There you have it, these were the dos and don’ts of exercising during pregnancy. In case you have any questions about this matter, or you simply want to find a personal trainer, get in touch with us. We will gladly provide you with the information you need.