Krav Maga training exercises for beginners
Find Your Personal Trainer
Krav Maga was originally a military combat style, designed solely for the purposes of Israeli Defense Forces. But, as years passed by, things have changed quite a bit. Today, Krav Maga is a civilian martial art and everyone can practice it. More and more people are showing interest in Krav Maga training exercises and want to include these practices in their exercise routines. And, the fact there are many benefits of combat sports has only made Krav Maga even more popular. Because of this, we wanted to write a bit more about this self-defense and fighting style and also recommend some simple exercises that are perfect for beginners. So, if you want to learn more about the fundamentals of Krav Maga, make sure to keep reading!
What are the benefits of Krav Maga training exercises?
Many people think that learning a martial art from scratch has to be hard. But, even though there are some challenges you are going to face on the way to becoming an expert, Krav Maga is easy to learn. It is way easier than other combat and self-defense systems. More importantly, it comes with a set of awesome benefits.
- Learning self-defense skills. And, let’s not start talking about the benefits of self-defense, because there are so many of them.
- Letting some steam off. Feeling a bit stressed? Krav Maga training exercises will help you get rid of the tension.
- Improving health and body appearance. Krav Maga can be a very demanding physical activity. We said it is easy to learn, but we never said exercises itself are simple.
- Building confidence and self-esteem. Learning how to handle real-life situations and how to defend yourself will give you a confidence boost. You will feel much better and you will also get lean!
5 core principles of Krav Maga training exercises
You can practice Krav Maga on your own, at home, or you can sign up for some classes. We have to say that our vote goes for the second option. The great thing about having some of the best personal trainers in Dubai is that they can explain the fundamentals of Krav Maga both in practice and in theory. They can explain the core principals that need to be followed during Krav Maga training exercises. To give you an idea of what we are talking about, we have mentioned 5 core principles of this martial art.
- Stop an immediate threat and prevent any injury.
- Aim for the most vulnerable spots on your attacker’s body.
- Give immediate and powerful counterattacks.
- Disengage from the attacker as quickly as possible.
- Be aware of your surroundings and look for the way out.
Best Krav Maga training exercises for complete beginners
If you have decided to skip on the best karate classes in Dubai, then you simply have to check out Krav Maga classes. Worry not, even if you are a complete beginner, you will still be able to keep up the pace with others. Of course, strong will and hard work will eventually bring you to the top. But before that, you will have to learn some basics of Krav Maga, such as the four exercises we have listed below.
Elbow strikes can be very useful for in-close self-defense situations. Keep in mind there are several different elbow strikes (or to be precise, there are 7 of them). But, because this article is mainly for beginners, we won’t mention all seven. Instead of listing all of them, we will mention only the basic ones.
- Horizontal elbow strike – A great way for taking down taller attackers and it’s also great for covering longer distances.
- Vertical elbow strike – This should be used when you manage to lower the level of your attacker.
- Diagonal elbow strike – An incredibly powerful strike that requires good judgment.
Done properly, elbow strikes should target the attacker’s face. It will be hard at first but don’t let this discourage you. Practice makes everything perfect.
Knife Hand Strike
This strike can be found in many martial arts, such as Taekwondo, Karate, and even Kung Fu. IT is also known as the famous “karate chop”.When performing a knife-hand strike, you need to hit the target with your pinky side of the hand. Knife Hand Strike is perfect for attacking vulnerable areas, such as wrists, neck, or collar bone. It is very important to learn how to perform it properly because that is how you will manage to avoid martial arts injuries.
When performing a palm strike, you need to hit your opponent with the bottom of your hand, near the wrist area. You will see that this strike doesn’t require much energy but it is actually very powerful. In most cases, it is used to hit the opponent’s chin. If it is done properly, you can even knock down the attacker. This is why you need to be very cautious when learning how to do a palm strike.
If your opponent is too close and you can’t perform a regular attack, opt for a knee strike. Knees are probably the most used weapons in Krav Maga training exercises. A great thing is that by learning how to perform a knee strike, you will also be doing leg and glute exercises. Beware that knee strikes can be used to attack different areas and they can deal some serious damage to your opponent. To perform them, you will also need to have good control of your body, as well as be able to perform a powerful punch.
So, what are your thoughts about Krav Maga? In case you want to sign up for some classes or you want to get an experienced personal trainer make sure to reach out to us. We will gladly connect you with some of the best trainers in Dubai.